1. Get up. Worry about second WIP (Work in progress).
2. Walk dog, get youngest off to school, do ironing. Worry about that gaping hole in the plot of WIP.
3. Rest. Worry about how long it’s going to take to finish the WIP.
4. Check in with fellow writers on social media and see that this is normal. But still worry about this damn second novel.
5. Sit in front of laptop, move things forward on WIP a little. Worry about that gaping hole and worry about the deadline some more.
6. Rest. Have WIP running through head. Worry about it a lot.
7. Family start coming home. Talk, do family stuff. Worrying about WIP.
8. Check in with social media because it might hold all the answers to what is wrong with the WIP.
9. Progress the WIP a little bit more. Still worry about that big plot hole and wonder if you are working on completely the wrong novel.
10. Go to bed and read a fantastic crime novel that has no plot holes, brilliant characters, and wonderful prose that you couldn’t hope to get anywhere close to achieving.