As you can see from the title of this post I am starting a police procedural fact checking service available to all crime writers setting their work in England or Wales as Scotland and Ireland have different procedures and laws.
Are you writing a UK based novel and want to check out some facts before you commit to a procedurally heavy storyline? I can help.
Have you written a UK based novel and want it checking for its police procedural correctness before you move forward with it? I can help.
I have over 15 years UK policing experience. 7 of those years were in uniform and the rest in a specialist investigative department where I handled multiple, serious and complex investigations myself. I am also in touch with colleagues who still work in the police where I can fact check anything that may have changed since I have left. Nothing stays the same and I acknowledge that, understand it and can work with it.
So, what can I offer and at what cost?
- You can email me a list of questions – £80 an hour broken into 15-minute increments depending on the amount of questions and how detailed a response is needed.
- You can email me your full synopsis with what it is you want me to consider about it (Helpful if plot points turn on procedure.) – £80
- Synopsis and half hour Skype chat to discuss it (visually recorded and you get a digital copy of the recording) – £120
- Full manuscript read through. No time restrictions applied. Full report provided. – £310 up to 95,000 words. £5 for every 1,000 thereafter.
- Synopsis plus full manuscript – £350
- Synopsis, half hour Skype chat and full manuscript read through – £370
Please do let anyone know about this service who you think might be interested. I will be creating a web page for this service shortly.
Email me at rebecca.bradley2010(at)gmail(dot)com
I look forward to reading your questions and your work!